Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Growing older brings more responsibilities

I have decided growing old is beautiful. With age comes grace and elegance I have never had before. I change everyday and some days I resist and others days I embrace the changes. The beauty comes when I embrace my life as it is now. I find myself with three adult children all living on their own but still in need of love and direction from time to time. I also have three adult parents still living and in need of love and direction from time to time. I face the daily problems of running a business, my home and marriage as well. If I look at the full picture I could have a pity party and tell myself it is just too much and believe me I have done that a time or two or I could change my perspective and realize how blessed I am. My life is what I make it. I can see the struggles I face and be overcome or I can overcome the struggles, the choice is mine. Well the decision has been made I will live with the joy and the fellowship of my loved ones as long as they will have me. Our burdens are so much lighter if we share them with each other. No one has to be a super hero, we have to realize our limitations and delegate what we are unable to do. Family is a blessing and I for one want to have a part in helping the ones who were there for me when I needed them. I also want to be there for the ones who had no choice they came because I wanted my life to be full and rich so I brought them into the world. I choose to see everyday as beautiful even the hard ones. I also find we tend to forget we may not have the privilege to serve each other for very long, cause there are no guarantees we have tomorrow. " Life ain't always beautiful but it's a beautiful ride."

No comments:

Post a Comment