Thursday, February 10, 2011

Real Love

I was listening to a love song this morning and the song spoke to my soul, so I want to express these thoughts on love. I found the first real love from someone other than family when I met Brad. He looked at me like an equal, he saw in me more than I was. The love he gave me made me believe I could be anything. My Dad had always made know that I was capable and able too, his love was the kind that was never jealous or envious but pure. The love Brad and I had grew out of a true respect and friendship. Lust played a part as well because it kept the fire stoked that allowed our love to develop into something real. You know new love distorts your view of each other and makes you believe things no one can live up to. I have never known the kind of love that he and I freely share. Most all other love is born out of family but this love is a choice we make. Many were the times that our loved wained and I felt the work of loving was to great a cost but each time that happened something would come against us that drove us back to each other. He has never made me feel like I wasn't worth the effort no matter my struggle. I can say that his love for me has been the greatest and the most valiant love I have ever known. He gave me three beautiful children when in fact he was never really ready for a family. I think when some people love they give too much of themselves away and he is that kind of man. In life few are those who have what we have but before you think we have a perfect marriage, let me state we have not always been what we wanted to be. Even in a good marriage people make stupid choices, choices that could break a marriage apart and I for one have been that person. The marriage is only as good as the intent of the heart! The actions do not always reflect the heart, but sometimes actions reflect the ego.
My children think I am pretty great and what I have come here to say is, I am what I am because your Dad lets me be. He doesn't compete with me in the love department he lets go of his ego so I can be the special one! His love for me is beautiful in its very nature and I have learned so much from him. I just needed to tell you that because you seem to think it the other way around! So love is the only perfect gift we give each other. Dad and I can only hope you find real love !

No comments:

Post a Comment